This January Poetry Unit for Kindergarten is full of resources to bring your poetry studies to life! You will find the following in this poetry packet:
- Poem with real life image. You can print this out and keep it in your library for students to continue to read once you have moved on to another poem and the chart is no longer displayed.
- Poem for the poetry folder. For each poem there will be different variations, including an option to read and color the picture, illustrate and circle rhyming words, fill in missing words, and write the entire poem in their own. This may require two pages if the poem is long.
- Sentence strips for your pocket chart.
- Pictures (if available) to go along with the poem, along with sequencing/character hats.
- One literacy-based activity for each poem. This covers topics such as syllables, beginning sounds, cvc words, how many letters are in a word, etc. Each poem has a different activity and focus.
If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com.