Father’s Day is right around the corner and just like mom, dad loves a great handmade card. Often kids make the cutest cards and crafts for Mother’s Day when they are in school but most children are on summer break for Father’s Day. We are excited to bring you this fun and simple craft that your kids are sure to love. This is the perfect keep sake for your World’s Greatest Dad!
Before starting, you will need to gather these few supplies. I get most of my supplies form Hobby Lobby or Michael’s Craft Store. Both carry all of the supplies listed at reasonable prices.
Blue, Bright Green, Red & Black Craft Foam Sheets
White Poster Board or Cardstock
Once you have gathered these, you are ready to go. These instructions are a guide, but encourage your children to use their imagination and make changes as they see fit.
1. Begin by downloading and printing the WORLD.
2. Cut your template out.
3. Trace the world template onto your blue foam sheet and cut out. Once done, cut the countries from your world template and trace onto your bright green foam sheet and cut out.
4. Trace the mouth and mustache onto your red and black foam and cut out.
5. Glue your bright green countries onto your blue world.
6. Glue your red mouth in the middle of the world and then glue your mustache onto the world slightly overlapping the red mouth.
7. Glue on google eyes.
8. Glue your world onto white poster board or cardstock.
Once you are finished creating your card, encourage your child to write a few sentences inside or maybe even a poem. Make it unique and special for dad. After all, he is The Best Dad in the World!