Kids love crafts. Moms and teachers love simple crafts. Today we are sharing our favorite Thanksgiving craft: The Turkey Clothespin Craft.
Turkey Clothespin Craft Supplies:
Gather the following supplies.
- Cardstock (Autumn colors)
- Brown Paint
- Googly Eyes
- Download and print the template onto heavy cardstock.
- Cut out the template.
- Paint the clothespins brown. Let them dry completely.
- Invite your children to trace the feather template onto colored cardstock.
- Let your kids cut out the feathers with safety scissors. This is a great craft for teaching them fine motor skills. Set the feathers to the side.
- Trace the wattle onto red cardstock and the beak onto orange cardstock and cut out both. Set aside.
- Glue the wattle onto the turkey followed by the beak.
- Glue on googly eyes.
- Glue the feathers onto the back of the turkey. Alternate colors.
Your turkey clothespin craft is complete. This would make an awesome gift for family members attending Thanksgiving dinner! If you're looking for a fun cooking or decorating activity, make sure you check out our turkey cupcakes by clicking here.