Thanksgiving will be here soon and today we are sharing the perfect cooking project to do with your kids. It’s super simple and fun. A win for everyone!
- Cake mix (calls for oil, eggs and water)
- Chocolate frosting
- Large and small candy eyes
- Candy corn marshmallows
- Decorating bag
- Large star decorating tip
- Cupcake liners
- Cupcake pan
- Large mixing bowl
- Hand or stand mixer
- Preheat your oven to 350° and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your cake mix, oil, eggs and water and mix using a hand or stand mixer.
- Fill your cupcake liners up 3/4 the way full with cake batter and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let your cupcakes cool, place a large star decorating tip in a decorating bag and fill up with frosting.
- Frost each cupcake starting in the center and working your way to the outside.
- Place a large and small candy eye onto the center of each cupcake and a candy corn marshmallow upside down underneath eyes.
- Now fan out about 5 candy corn marshmallows above the eyes around the top of the cupcakes.
We hope you make great memories with your kids in the kitchen making these. Happy cooking!