Are you planning a trip to Disney? Planning a Disney vacation is my favorite! We have been there five times and each time is a new experience filled with amazing memories. Each time we go, we learn new things too. I don’t think I will every grow old of visiting Disney. I hope that this will be a continued family adventure for my children and one day with my grandchildren.
If you are gearing up to head to Disney, there are a number of ways you can make your trip more magical for the entire family! I am probably an odd ball, but planning and packing are my favorite. I work really hard to make sure we get the most out of the money we have saved and plan to send and also the time we spend there. We have had two day adventures and then week-long ones. You can have an amazing trip with any amount of time if you plan well.
Here are some surprising tips to make your trip to Disney more magical:
- Stay at a Disney resort. Although staying at an outside hotel can sometimes save money, there’s something so magical about staying at a Disney resort! Each one has a special theme, restaurants and fun opportunities. No two places are alike. You can also take advantage of the free transportation and extra magic hours, which is awesome.
- Opt for Park Hopper tickets. This allows you to go to multiple parks in one day, so you can visit Animal Kingdom in the day and still take in the fireworks at Magic Kingdom at night!
- Arrive at Magic Kingdom before it opens. They choose a “Family of the Day,” which includes a private photographer, more chances to meet favorite characters, and more!
- Consider going back to the resort to enjoy the pool in the middle of the day when the temperatures are highest and your family is more likely to experience heat exhaustion. Every resort has a great pool. Often, we would come back to the hotel and swim or take a nap in the middle of the day and head back out early evening when there were extra magic hours. It’s hard to stay at Magic Kingdom until 2:00 a.m. without a nap. Ha! But, if you can swing it, it’s pretty awesome. One year, my daughter and I rode Space Mountain THREE times in a row after midnight. When you are there that late, most of the families with small children head home and the lines dwindle. It’s quite amazing.
- If you’re celebrating a special occasion such as a birthday or anniversary, be sure to pick up a button from Guest Services. You might end up receiving special treatment in the parks! Disney goes above and beyond when it comes to making you feel special. My son and I went for his 18th birthday for two days. He wore his button and every staff member said Happy Birthday to him. He ate it up. Even big kids love the MAGIC!
These are just some surprising tips to make your trip to Disney more magical! No matter what you do, you’ll be sure to enjoy your trip to the happiest place on Earth.