Butterfly Rice Krispy Treats
Are you ready for Spring? We sure are. I can't wait to smell the flowers blooming and feel the sun on my face. Butterflies, Easter bunnies, jumping in the splash pad. Sign. Me. Up. With kids in tow, making fun treats is always a family favorite. Today we are sharing these adorable Spring butterfly rice krispy treats. We hope you love them as much as we do!
6 cups crispy rice cereal
(10 ounce) miniature marshmallows
3 tablespoons butter
White candy wafer melts, vanilla almond bark or white chocolate chips
Assorted candies (Pictured: Twizzlers, Spree, Jawbreakers)
You will also need:
- Prepare a 13 x 9 baking sheet with wax paper and a spritz of non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. When the butter is melted, add the marshmallows and melt, stirring constantly. Remove the saucepan from heat.
3. Fold in the cereal. Stir until the cereal is coated in the marshmallow.
4. Using a buttered spatula or greased wax paper evenly press mixture into baking sheet. Cool completely.
- Use cookie cutter to cut treats. If the treats are loose, press additional krispy mixture into the cookie cutter before releasing the shape onto waxed paper. Reshape the remaining cereal in your baking pan until all is used.
- Place candy coating in a microwave safe bowl. Melt on high heat, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted. Do not overheat. If the candy is too thick, add vegetable shortening or coconut oil in 1 teaspoon increments, up to 1 tablespoon, and stir well. Do not add water. Transfer to a piping bag or zip top freezer bag with one corner snipped.
- Pipe a small amount of melted candy coating on each piece of candy and press into place as desired. For smaller candies, use a toothpick to apply candy coating. Allow treats to set completely before serving or packaging to give as gifts.
Are you looking for a little more Spring inspiration? We have you covered. Make sure you check out these Kreative in Life posts!
Kids LOVE science projects. This post shares ten really fun ideas that your kids will love. Click here to see more.
Spring Break is a really great time to schedule some fun and relaxation with your family. Check out our top five location ideas that our family has enjoyed year after year. Happy travels!
It's no secret that kids love fun crafts. With Easter around the corner, grab a few plastic eggs and create these adorable birds. Check out that post here.
It doesn't matter if you are planning your next family adventure, prepping for a craft, making predictions in a science experiment or whipping up a fun butterfly cooking activity, we hope that you will hop right into Spring ready to have a little fun, make a few great memories and eat some yummy food. I love that Spring is a season of “new”. You can't help but have a little extra pep in your step. The amazing weather, bright colors and new adventures await!
**This post may contain affiliate links.