This unit is the perfect way to teach your young learners beginning map skills. This unit covers:
- Anchor Charts for map grid, map, globe, continents, compass rose
- Draw a Map
- Put it on the Map
- Map Grids
- Directions (Legends)
- Color the Map
- Mazes (Color the Pathway)
- How do you get there?
- On the Map Flipbook
- Mapping Worksheets (Globe, compass rose, continents)
- Make your own Map: My Home
- Images (TONS of vocabulary) to build a large map
- Me on the Map: 7 layers to fill in
- Large picture pieces for floor play: streets, cars, symbols, etc.
There are so many fun and engaging activities in this unit. It would be perfect for any primary grade. Please let me know if you have any questions.