Teaching about the ocean and everything that is part of its habitat is always fun to do during the summer. Creating an ocean sensory tub is super easy to do. These activities will lead to hours of fun!
Gather These Ocean Sensory Tub Supplies
- Blue Rocks (gravel)
- Play Sand
- Mini Plastic Ocean Animals
- Mini Plastic Sea Plants
- Plastic Art Activity Tray
- Get a plastic tub and add blue rocks (gravel) to to it. Leave a bit of space for play sand.
- Add play sand to the remaining space in the tub.
- Place seashells and mini plastic sea plants in the play sand.
- Add mini plastic ocean animals to the blue rocks.
It's time to play! Invite your little ones to explore the “ocean” and the “beach.” For more fun, add some water to the rocks! The sand will get wet and they can make tiny little castles. This ocean sensory tub will lead to hours of fun.
If you are looking for a kit that is ready for you, try this one. I purchased this set on Amazon and used Bennett's water table to fill it with the water beads and ocean toys. Bennett and his friends loved this simple activity. When they were finished, I transferred it to a tub for outside play all summer. We LOVE sensory bins. If you are looking for more themes, click here.
Looking for more OCEAN-THEMED activities? Check these out!