July 4th is one of my favorite holidays. I love the amazing spirit of freedom and pride that people encompass. Fireworks are my absolute favorite too! My husband has never been a big fan of fireworks, but there is something romantic about sitting under the fireworks together, watching the big bursts of beautiful colors in the sky.
Today we are sharing with you a fun, free coloring pages download and DIY tips for creating this adorable eagle craft. The bald eagle was chosen June 20, 1782 as the emblem of the United States of America, because of its long life, great strength and majestic looks, and also because it was then believed to exist only on this continent. It only seems fitting that creating this national emblem seems fitting for this week of celebration of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
Before getting started, you will need a few supplies.
Brown and White Felt
Yellow Foam Paper
Toilet Paper Tubes
- Begin by folding your yellow foam paper in half. On the fold, cut out the shape of bird feet. Use the scraps to create small triangle beaks.
- Cut the ends of a popsicle off. Keep them about 1 inch. Glue your bird’s feet onto the popsicle stick. This will help weigh down your toilet paper tube.
- Glue your birds feet to your toilet paper tube.
- Cut a long strip of brown felt a little more than half the height of your toilet paper tube. Wrap the felt around the bottom of your toilet paper tube and secure with glue on the back. Follow this step with your white felt. Trim off any excess felt from the top with scissors.
- Cut wing shapes out of your brown felt. They don’t need to be perfect! Glue your wings onto the brown portion of your toilet paper tube.
- Take your birds beak and fold it in half and pinch it on the bend tightly. You want to create a 3D beak. Glue your birds beak into place.
- Glue google eyes above your bird's beak. Your bald eagle is finished and looking mighty fearless!
Before you go make sure you grab this coloring book here. Have a great July 4th and remember to celebrate all the things that makes our nation great. I am so thankful to live in a country where I am free to worship God, speak my mind and love each and every person without seeing color, ethnicity and gender. Each person makes this world a beautiful place to live and for that, I am thankful.
Don't forget to grab your free coloring book here.