This beehive craft will be the perfect addition to your spring learning. We love teaching about insects, flowers, lifecycles, and so much more. Here are a few fun bee facts!
- Bees are insects.
- They have five eyes.
- Bees can fly about twenty miles an hour.
- We all know that bees make honey, but did you know that bees only make about a teaspoon of honey in their lifetime?
Share these fun facts with your kids! Now, let's craft.
Beehive Craft Supplies
Round Sponge Paint Brush
Black Sharpie or Marker
1. Download the beehive template by clicking here. Print the beehive, cut it out, and then glue it onto blue paper.
2. To make the bees, dip a round sponge paint brush into yellow paint and dab it onto white paper multiple times. Allow the paint to dry completely.
3. Cut out the circles and color stripes on them with black marker. Glue the bees onto the blue paper.
4. To make the wings, cut the flattest pieces of plastic from a milk jug. Cut the pieces into tiny wings, and then glue them onto the bees.
5. Finally, glue googly eyes onto the bees.
Add a smile, legs, and a stinger with black marker, and you have the perfect beehive craft.
Isn't this beehive craft adorable? Kids of all ages will love working on this. When learning about bees, here are a few of our favorite videos to watch, as well as books to read, too.