7 Classroom Donations Your Child’s Teacher Will Love Your For
Back to school season means shopping for pencils, pens, markers, and of course folders. These are all items you know your child will need, but did you know that each year teachers spend hundreds of their own dollars on classroom supplies as well? Do you wish you could help ease this burden? Then look at these 7 classroom donations your child’s teacher will love you for. You will find that by picking up a few of these items when you do your back to school shopping can help your child’s teacher more than you know!
1. Hand sanitizer.
Kids and germs go hand in hand! Keep everyone healthy by sending in some extra hand sanitizer. You can also include sanitizing sprays to help clean the air of germs. With as many as two dozen students using the sanitizer daily, you will find it runs out fast. Donate and help keep the room germ free.
2. Disinfecting wipes and sprays.
Keeping the classroom clean is important. Send in some germ fighting cleaning products for your child’s teacher. This way they can keep desks and surfaces clean and germ free. This means less sick kids and a cleaner learning environment.
3. Sponges and paper towels.
Kids make messes. Help your child’s teacher be prepared when you send in sponges and paper towels. This way they can efficiently clean, clean up messes, and enjoy a clean and sanitary room. It may not be a bad idea to send in any old cloth towels you have too!
4. Napkins, paper plates, cups, and plastic utensils. Kids love to eat, so if your child’s classroom enjoys snack time or celebrates birthdays, then the teacher will appreciate napkins, paper plates, cups, and utensils. This way kids have what they need to eat and the classroom can stay tidy.
5. Dry erase markers. With so much work being done on dry erase boards, teachers go through dry erase markers like crazy. Give your child’s teacher some dry erase markers in various colors so they can help present lessons and not worry about their stash running out. If you are feeling really generous, you can also add in a dry erase eraser or some dry erase board cleaning spray.
6. Classroom rewards such as stickers and small erasers. Teachers spend a lot of money on rewarding their students. Donate a book of stickers and some stamps or small erasers for kids to enjoy. This way teachers can spend their money on other needs. You can also donate small McDonald’s toys you may have around the house.
7. Gift cards to a local teacher supply store. Should you just rather give your child’s teacher the gift of choice, give them a gift card to a local teacher supply store. This way they can buy the items they need to keep the school year running smoothly! They can choose from planners, bulletin board supplies, workbooks, classroom décor, learning accessories, and so much more.
Consider these 7 classroom donations your child’s teacher will love you for when you head out for your back to school shopping! Your child’s teacher is sure to appreciate it. Want to do something a little more? Check out these great gift ideas!
Have a great year!