Being alone doesn’t always sound like a fun idea, does it? But trust me, being alone and spending some time with just yourself and your wants, can be pretty awesome. Stop and think about your current day-to-day, week to week and year. If you are anything like me, the majority of your time revolves around doing things with, or for, others. While that can be wonderful at times, sometimes….you just need to do something alone. Don’t feel bad or guilty about that…it’s typical to feel that way from time to time. Life can be stressful and overwhelming, but by taking some time for you, with you, it can be an awesome refresher for you to reboost that energy, mood and get re-connected with yourself and the things that you enjoy doing. While the options can be endless based upon your likes and wants, here are some suggestions for 10 Fun Things to Do Alone.
- Cook. Yes, anything you want. Do you love super spicy but no one else in your house does? Then spice that baby up! Ghost pepper, jalapenos…you name it, you are cooking for JUST you. No one appreciates your dish of eggs and tuna but you love it? No better time to make it then for yourself. Have fun with cooking for you and your taste-buds. Think of a new recipe or try one of your old favorites!
- Shop. Now, be open with this one. While some people prefer to go shopping for clothing and the latest fun gadgets out there, open your mind. Think about the possibility of being able to go to the grocery store alone..the options of where you can shop are out there. Make a list of the places that you want to go, and get to it. Had your eye on a new store that just opened up? Perfect.
- Drink coffee. Morning times are the perfect time for some alone time. Nothing is better than a big cup of hot coffee, and just sitting and thinking through your day. Use that morning coffee time for you. Write down your wants, your needs and your musts for the day and have some time to process and prepare for the day ahead.
- Take a trip. Have you ever traveled solely before? It can be quite liberating. Prepare and plan ahead on what you want to do and then go out into the world to enjoy that fun.
- Manicure or pedicure anyone? If you’re anything like me, the thought of going to the spa with other people isn’t all that relaxing….so, being able to go alone sounds like a perfect plan. Indulge on yourself. Get the manicure, the pedicure, the stone massage… Whatever your heart wants. You don’t have to answer to anyone but you in that moment, so make a fun decision to put a smile on your face.
- Don’t plan to do anything. Yep, just wing in. Fly by the seat of your pants. React on your impulse for the day and see what interests you. You may find yourself at a movie, going on a hike, or even just crawling back in bed for a short time. Doesn’t matter. By not planning anything, you are doing exactly what you should be doing at that moment.
- Research a new hobby. Have you been itching to start something new to try? When you’re alone, you can spend the day researching that new hobby. Better yet, you can even think tank on new ways to make that hobby become a reality!
- Take a Nap. No judgement. None. We’ve all been there. Rather than bustling about, think about laying down for some rest. Sounds pretty fun to me!
- Adopt a pet. Do you need a fur baby in your life? Visit the animal shelters and choose one that is perfect for you. If you will be the one taking care of it daily, then it’s so important to find one that is a great fit for your life and home.
- Binge TV watch. No need to share the remote, at all. Wanting to catch up on all the episodes of Fuller House? Make it your lucky day. Grab some of your favorite snacks, turn off the phone and settle down for a day of tube watching.
No matter what fun ideas you have to do alone, just do them! Give them a try, treat yourself. Your happiness is so important to your overall well-being, so why not treat yourself to a few fun ideas that you can do alone?