Who doesn't love a fun snowman treat during the winter? This is perfect for your classroom or kitchen at home with your kids. Combine a few sweet (no cooking needed) ingredients and you have a fun afternoon snack. If you are like me and live in Texas, this may be the only way to build a snowman too. 😉 We love making these along with our snowman playdough.
- White fudge ding dongs (10ct.)
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Miniature M&M’s
- Orange TicTacs
- Red Pull’n’Peel
- Tiny white nonpareil sprinkles
- Parchment paper
- Decorating bag
1. Lay out a piece of parchment paper and unwrap your ding dongs before you get started.
2. In a small microwave safe bowl, heat 2 cups of your white chocolate chips on 50% power for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
3. Dunk the top of your dingdong‘s into your melted chocolate, shake off any excess, set onto a piece of parchment paper and pour the rest of the melted chocolate into a decorating bag.
4. Lightly top with sprinkles.
5. If the chocolate has started to harden use your decorating bag to stick a orange TicTac onto the center facing the bottom right corner.
6. Place two brown miniature M&M’s (or use melted chocolate to stick) above the nose for eyes and about 5 below the nose in the shape of a smile.
7. Pull your Pull’n’Peel apart, measure and cut a piece a little smaller than half the circumference of the circle ding ding.
8. Squeeze a little melted chocolate into the back of the Pull’n’Peel and stick around the top of your snowman treat.
9. Use the melted chocolate to stick one regular sized M&M’s onto each each end of the Pull’n’Peel.
We hope you love making this fun snowman treat. Are you looking for a few WINTER Learning Activities? Click the images to check these out. Your young learner will love them!