Our last day of school is tomorrow and to me that means one thing: pool time! I swear, I may have been a mermaid in a former life. I could live on a pool float! I haven’t told my kids yet, but they will be so excited to find out that we have season passes to Hawaiian Falls in Waco.
My boys are thrill seekers so you will find them at the top of the the six-story Tempest Tower alternating between the covered tube slides and the freefall body slides. Sometimes it isn’t easy to find things teenagers want to do but this is one place we can all have fun and enjoy.
I, on the other head, will be comfortably lounging on a tube in the Kona Kooler. I can go around that thing one hundred times and it never gets old. I just want to stay cool but soak up the sun. I will get off to take the obligatory mom pics of my kids and then back to the float I go!
My Favorite Things About Going To Hawaiian Falls This Summer:
- I can bring in snacks from home. Swimming makes you hungry and I love that we can pack a few things. We also buy food there because it’s good, but with teenage boys, it’s a gift to be able to bring in snacks.
- Parking is FREE. This can really add up when you frequent a park so I am thankful that we don’t have to add this to our summer budget.
- With season passes, we can go anytime we want. If we want to only stay for two hours, no biggy. This is a GREAT way to get my teens off the couch and out from behind a video game!
- Shaved Ice, also known as the most magical snow cone ever. I will bring a protein bar to snack on but you better believe we will indulge in this treat!
- They have a gift shop! If we happen to run out of sun screen or I leave my sun glasses at home (again), I can buy something if I am in a bind.
Where are you headed to swim this summer? Come hang out with us!
Check out their information:
900 Lake Shore Drive
Waco, TX 76708
Telephone: (254) 892-0222
Hawaiian Falls Waco is located 4 miles west of Interstate 35 on Lake Shore Drive, across from Riverbend Ballpark.
Saturday 5/27: 10:30am-6pm
Sunday 5/28: 10:30am-6pm
Monday 5/29: 10:30am-6pm
June 2nd through September 5th
Sat – Thurs: 10:30am – 6pm
Friday: 10:30am – 8pm
Open until 10pm on Fridays in July (7th, 14th, 21st and 28th)
We will see you at the pool, which opens May 27th.
Follow Hawaiian Falls on Facebook to see their latest deals!
Not in Waco? Hawaiian Falls operates five waterparks in North and Central Texas with locations in Garland, The Colony, Mansfield, Roanoke, and Waco. Check out a location near you!
**I have partnered with Hawaiian Falls to do a series of posts this summer but all articles will be written by me and based on my honest opinions.