Bunny Handprint Painting Craft
- paints(we used acrylic, but tempura is easier to get off)
- paint smock(if you are using acrylic these come in handy)
- palette or dish for paint puddles
- Have paper down and ready. Put paint smocks on(if using).
- Let children choose their colours of paint to have them out in the palette to avoid more mess than necessary.
- Paint the palm and fingers of one hand, leaving the thumb unpainted.
- Press painted palm onto paper, separating the middle and ring fingers to make the bunny’s ears apart. It works easiest if the adult is holding the fingers in the placement you want them in (index and middle together, ring and pinky fingers together). Now carefully lift the painted hand off the paper.
- Quickly give the painted hand a wipe with a damp cloth to avoid spreading the leftover paint everywhere.
- Now you can paint the facial features and middle of ears. We like to give them a variety of smiles and eye shapes to keep it fun. You can have the adult do this step if you are making these with toddlers or younger children. Don’t forget the whiskers and tiny heart shaped nose!
- Now let them dry or add your favorite backgrounds